Deploy my feature branch to Sitecore Demo Portal

Note: At the time of this writing, the Sitecore Demo Portal is available only for Sitecore partners and MVPs. Also, the portal is meant to deploy only pre-built demo sites! 

I decided to do a couple of basic changes after:

1. Copying Play Demo repo to my own repo

2. Create a feature branch

3. Deploy from the portal

When I did the same, I realised how easy it is to deploy something to the CDN.  Here are a few advantages I could feel although there are a lot of combinations to this mix like CDN/SAAS/headless/next.js etc. but, I hope the intent is conveyed:

1. A drastic cut-down in the intermediate stages of build and deployment

2. A central hosted server for my application

3. Deployment agnostic development: Just one-click and your branch gets deployed

4. Development-agnostic deployment? A back-end developer can just make changes to CSS and push to the feature branch then the demo portal without worrying how to build front end code etc.

I agree there could be a lot of complexities with more scenarios but, this is bliss. 

I just have to spin-up a development environment in the cloud/AKS, and start pushing code. 

As ever a diagram to depict what I mean:


Obviously, with a real-time scenario (and, more applicable to Sitecore XM Cloud), you could have 3 instances pointing to different branches:

1. Dev

2. SIT

3. Prod



Since the demo portal is just for demo purpose, can't wait to get my hands-on Sitecore XM Cloud.

Until then,

My Feature Branch:

One FED change:


One tsx file change:



My FED branch ready for deploy:


Changes reflect in the website:



Comments

Popular Posts