Gravatar profile in Sitecore MVP Site

A few days back I was struggling to get my profile pic on the MVP site and it looks like an issue with how Sitecore community email address is stored in the back-end: resulting in a classic scenario of  case-sensitive comparison.... also, frankly, this is the first time I setup gravatar profile so, covered that too in this blog post!

1. Signup for Gravatar profile:


2. Email address must match your Sitecore Community email  address:


3. Once you signup , you get a confirmation email to activate account:


4. Click link and you are activated to access the gravatar site:


5. Save profile pic and save settings:


6. Enable Gravatar:

7. Gravatar public profile for the concerned email address:


Use a separate browser session incognito mode to check if the public url is working fine.

One issue I faced is, Sitecore  community email address is case-sensitive and so didn't match my gravatar email  address and hence, my image wouldn't appear in the MVP site even after 24 hours. You can cross check this through the email hash that appears in the above gravatar profile and the one in the Sitecore MVP Site:

Although the community email address must be stored in proper case, the MVP github site code can be made immune and the fix (.toLowerInvariant) can be applied to this line:


Called from here in the cshtml:



In my case, I reached out to Tamas Varga and he was kind enough to fix it in the back-end for now. 

Comments

Popular Posts