Publish profile in Visual Studio 2019 for Postman to hit Web Api break point

Recently, I built a new Web Api layer to interact with Azure Table Storage and was trying to access the debug point of the controller method from Postman but the breakpoint wasn't getting hit.

I was also getting external  process  intervention issues / error and this wouldn't go in spite of restarting iis and stopping IIS and publishing the web api. Based on the output window message, could figure out that roslyn folder within bin folder was the cause. So, hard-deleted the folders and did a publish. This time publish succeeded.

Luckily, when I checked my publish profile, it was set to release mode and I set it to debug mode and also ensured that files are deleted before publishing and this is how my publish settings look and this setting resolved my debugging issue as well as the publish blocked by external process issue:



Comments

Popular Posts