Sitecore Content Hub 4.0 Sandbox instance menu options and the default license selection

After many iterations, I discovered that Sitecore Content Hub (specifically, 4.0.10) does not pick up license changes done through Edit Details from the Manage Sandboxes grid. As a result, I wasn't able to see a few important menu options:

Depiction through diagrams:


Edit Sandbox:


Create Sandbox (works fine):


Here is the option to edit the sandbox instance menu options:

 

A few steps  backward: I initially created my sandbox instance with the default license selections:



Then, I couldn't find Print -> Publications in the sandbox instance menu, I edited and added all the needed license options, there wasn't any effect in the sandbox instance menu although the options were visible from the dashboard:

 

 

I tried resetting the instance, restarted the instance, came back the next day after a complete shutdown but couldn't find the important menu options like Project, Content etc. This went on for at least a week wherein I tried different things to make the menu options appear but everything was unsuccessful!

The only option I now had was to create a new sandbox instance and select all licenses beforehand. This time, I got all the menu options I needed in the new instance:



So, if you are a new user, don't take any chance going with the defaults. Better select all menu options beforehand during the sandbox creation unless you have a way that makes the edit option work! Most importantly, don't forget to share  your solution here below.


Comments

Popular Posts