Making Sitecore MVP email address case-agnostic

A few days back I blogged about Gravatar profile image issue here, today I got a chance to submit the PR for the same. Documented the same here so that I can add this link to my PR for easy review and reference!

In my forked repo, upstream points to the remote branch so,  I fetch upstream:


Once upstream is pulled, I cross check if the latest changes in remote are present in the forked repo:


Checkout upstream main locally:


So, now I'm sure my local  has the latest (5 days ago!) changes as in my forked repo and the remote MVP repo!

Now, I create my new feature branch: feature/Case-insenstive-Email-for-Hash as follows:


My simple toLowerInVariant change here (further down made an update to the code!):


The above change tested via a console app as follows:

This one shows the effect of not having the toLowerInvariant function:


This one after adding the change to the Gravatar helper function:


Committed changes to feature branch:



and, raised PR:



Now, fill the justification (normally add blog urls here for clarity):


My PR ready for review:



An update:

Note that the view invokes the extension function:



and the extension function in turn calls the GetMD5Hash private function as follows:


So, the toLowerInVariant function can be applied anywhere in the flow but I updated the ones invoking the GetMD5Hash functions owing mainly to separation of concerns as well as due to the fact - the same GetMD5Hash  function is duplicated!

Comments

Popular Posts